Wednesday, June 22, 2011

101 Things I've Already Experienced/Achieved In This Lifetime:

  1. Bachelor's Degree
  2. Moved to Chicago
  3. Went to Thailand
  4. Went to Santa Fe
  5. Flew on a plane
  6. Went to Second City
  7. Learned to ride a horse
  8. Been loved
  9. Loved someone
  10. Had a blog for 8 years and counting
  11. Lost 50 lbs
  12. Took tango lessons
  13. Took hip-hop dance lessons
  14. Have my own art website/blog/facebook fan page/twitter account
  15. Sold a painting to a complete stranger
  16. Been in a juried art show
  17. Been in an art fair
  18. Had a solo art show
  19. Had an article written about my work
  20. Volunteered teaching art to "at risk" kids
  21. Taught a drawing class that I was paid for
  22. Taught myself to knit
  23. Took a sewing class
  24. Ran a 5k
  25. Learned Yoga and Pilates
  26. Worked on my mental/emotional health more than most people will do in an entire lifetime before I was out of my twenties.
  27. Sang Karaoke (two different occasions, although once I was WASTED)
  28. Stood up to my Superintendent when I was in h.s. and my soccer coach when they were being bullies. Oh and that one crazy boss. She was CRAZY.
  29. Owned a house.
  30. Been a landlord
  31. Went camping for 9 days straight
  32. Kayaked on the Chicago River
  33. Lived on my own since I was 16 and moved at least 16 times since then. That's more than once a year on average.
  34. Learned to drive a stick
  35. Told someone I still loved them even though I knew they didn't return the sentiment.
  36. Was on a float in Chicago's Gay Pride Parade
  37. Went on a Cruise to Jamaica.
  38. Got a tattoo
  39. Learned to play the clarinet. I guess I learned to play the piano too since I could play When the Saints Go Marching In.
  40. Biked around Chicago to and from work/school
  41. Lived in 6 different Chicago Neighborhoods
  42. Took the initiative to meet my Dad's childhood best friend
  43. Took my mental health into my own hands when I was 17 and again at 28.
  44. Learned how to remove/replace a laptop hard drive
  45. Taught myself html, although I have since forgotten. Kind of like the clarinet and piano.
  46. Learned soccer
  47. Went to see 3 different professional baseball team games and 2 soccer teams
  48. Saw Dave Matthews and Ozzy Osbourne in concert. I didn't pick either concert, but it was fun to go.
  49. Went to Ravinia
  50. Saw the New Year's Eve fireworks at Navy Pier from the Ferris Wheel
  51. Went to art museums in 5 different states (originally I had forgotten about the Georgia O'Keefe Museum and a museum in Savannah.)
  52. I was a missed connection on Craig's List
  53. I went on 5 road trips since I was old enough to do some of the driving
  54. I've had baked potato ice cream
  55. I went to a rib fest with a white shirt on and did not get 1 drop of bbq sauce on the shirt
  56. I have knit 2 pairs of the most awesome mittens ever
  57. I rode on a Harley
  58. I owned a horse
  59. I swam with a dolphin (and accidentally kicked the trainer in his bits. It's all on camera)
  60. I climbed a waterfall
  61. I met someone in a foreign country and hung out with them for almost an entire week
  62. Learned a line dance and went to the bar to do said dance over and over again with my childhood best friend until it drove the bartender nuts. We were like 12 or something. It was a Brooks and Dunn song.
  63. Went to a real play at the Goodwin Theater in Chicago
  64. Sat on top of a mesa
  65. Saw the painted desert
  66. Overcame my fear of roller coasters
  67. Went to a botanical garden
  68. Had a lesson in oil painting from THE Katie Bernhard
  69. Had a dinner party that was a success! Even after Tux tipped over the table like in a cartoon
  70. Had an adult sleep over (not the dirty kind, just the kind with friends, although the dirty kind as well if you must know)
  71. Picked out a casket/planned a funeral. Not something fun, but something to remind myself how strong I am
  72. Backed up my computer with Carbonite.com after about a year of "meaning to"
  73. Registered as a business!
  74. Stood on the Continental Divide
  75. Graffitied a bridge with Rishell. Got caught by her dad, had to paint over it.
  76. Snuck out of the house to make out with a boy
  77. Snuck a boy into the house to make out with him
  78. Skinny dipped (I grew up in the country)
  79. Played hide and go seek using the whole town to hide. It's amazing what you can do when there are only 60 something people living in a place
  80. Learned how to make an accordion sketchbook and filled it up!
  81. Was bucked off a horse, got back on (although not right back on. I couldn't move for awhile. I got back on another horse.)
  82. Saw Cirque de Sole
  83. Saw Paul McCartney in concert
  84. While on aforementioned cruise I got up on stage to play a game. I was out pretty quick.
  85. Stayed calm in a situation where a man most likely had a gun/violent intentions toward others
  86. Held a monkey
  87. Rode an elephant on 3 separate occasions (and counting fools.) If I ever win the lottery I will own an elephant and ride it everywhere. That is why God won't let me win the lottery.
  88. Rode on the back of a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok (and loved it! Tuk Tuks on the other hand...not so much.)
  89. Swam in the ocean (Actually 2 oceans and 1 sea.)
  90. Went on a haunted tour of Savannah
  91. Made a youtube video and posted it. (Not that it's interesting, just that it's done.)
  92. Did a 10 mile hike with one of Joe's very heavy first aid packs on my back. Although I did 2 miles up hill with the camping stuff on my back. Joe didn't think I was going to be able to do it.
  93. Played in an open fire hydrant with my dog
  94. Touched a sting ray
  95. Drove almost the entire length of route 66 with out realizing it
  96. Ate a kitchen sink at Colonial Cafe
  97. Saw Avatar in 3D IMAX 2x's.
  98. Had a sunburn so bad that I had to get silvadene. That was painful.
  99. Had a perfect day at a forest preserve in the middle of winter
  100. Been to 17 states.
  101. Been to the top of the Arch, the Sears Tower, and the John Hancock building.

2 comments:

  1. This is fun, I want to make a list now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I learned so much more about you.

    ReplyDelete