Sunday, June 5, 2011

Body Worlds

This past week my niece has been visiting. We decided to take her to see the Body Worlds exhibit that is running in Chicago right now.

We had a pretty good time and the museum looks much nicer than I remember. The exhibit seemed rather small though and there were pieces outside of the exhibit that were exactly what was inside of it. I felt like we probably didn't need to pay for the extra one. There were only a handful of actual bodies. I thought it was going to be bigger, there would be animals too, like the book Joe has.

Although I will say that there were some pretty awesome things done with just the nerves. There was this one woman that looked very real. The eyes were a bit creepy/beautiful. She was positioned so that her face was reflected in a mirror.

I would like to go back with a sketchbook and time to study the muscles a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment