Wednesday, June 22, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind:

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 23
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never Trying
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Fear, crabs in a bucket, habit.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I truly hope not. I try to do more than say, but sometimes the answer to #3 gets in my way.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? No more drug cartels/Congo type conflicts.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Being an artist (at least a productive one :D) or being a travel writer.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? half and half.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would drop everything and just back pack around the world right now. I would also forget about having kids since they would be 11 when I died. Although I might adopt some teenagers.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I feel that out of the things I could control 60 percent. I could do better.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things.
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would probably listen for awhile, wondering why they feel that way. I would probably ask why they feel that way. I would try to help them understand where my friend was coming from and let them know that she's actually pretty cool.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Not that they would actually understand or take said advice, but it would probably be, "do what you what makes you happy as long as it doesn't drag other people down."
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? lol yes.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Hmmm, I think the closest I would have come to this is not liking Picaso until I saw his work in person. The same with Andrew Wyeth.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Think.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? This is stupid. It's because we all have different tastes.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Only one thing? Be a nomad. My dogs hold me back. It would be tough to take them. Also my obligations to other people at the moment. Also, I would be lonely and afraid that everyone would forget about me/not care that I was gone.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Probably. Fear. The past.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? New Mexico. It's warm there all year and no humidity.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Sometimes. No. It's just something to do while I wait.
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I think I'm already the first. :D As long as I didn't have dreams of grandeur I would rather be the simpleton. Actually I am probably a worried simpleton which would be the worst of both. lol
  22. Why are you, you? I am me because of my parents/lack of parents. I am me because of what is in my heart.
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes, sometimes not. I try to be a better friend than what I expect in return, but it's not always the case.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? When a friend moves away. You can always pick back up with the friend that lives near you and it's usually so slow that you don't notice.
  25. What are you most grateful for? Being American, even if America does not have the best image any more. At least I have an option to fix 99% of my problems here. It's just about picking which ones first.
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? WTF, that is an awful question. So if I make new ones do they disappear when they become old? I would say lose all my old memories. If I didn't have memories then I would be able to start fresh with somethings.
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes. How can you challenge something you don't know is there? Unless you mean, like religion where no one knows the real answer. Actually, wth do you mean by truth and challenging it? I guess it would be pointless to challenge something that's true, except emotionally.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Yes, unless you mean tornadoes and jelly fish and falling elevators. Then no.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Actually I do, smart ass. Does it really matter now? No, but it didn't really matter then and yes, it still makes me upset.
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory? Probably playing catch with my grandma. What makes it so special? She does her nails every week and she's a grandma, but she still got out there and played with me.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I don't know, but it most likely had to do with friends or art.
  32. If not now, then when? Never
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? What do you ever have to lose? I would say money.
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No. However, I have said very little and felt that way.
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because people use the holy books to justify their own greed and immoral behavior, that is until someone does it to them. Then they use the books to try and show people how horrible they are for doing those things.
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes. But it's a personal decision.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Nope. I would just travel more and help some people.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I actually enjoy doing.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? OMG yes. Now get out of my head.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? It feels like everyday and not for a long time all in one.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? What a downer this list is. My Grandparents. My niece and brothers. Joe's mom. A couple of friends. My Uncle. Can I just throw them all a going away party?
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Nope. I may not like being over-weight but I like the way that I look and I would probably only like being famous every other day.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Enjoying life vs. just getting by.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? As soon as you know it's right.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because they hurt. Also because some shit you just can't take back. Oh and people laugh.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would wear awesome trendy clothes and my hair would be a rainbow of colors. I pretty much do everything else with out caring about people judging me. Oh except dance and sing in public. I would do those too.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? When I did yoga the other day.
  48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Love is for pussies. lol jk. My dogs. I guess. They seem happy. Joe. Probably not. Art. I try to do/look at something art related every day. I could work on all that.
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? No because I haven't done anything. Plus it would be really flipping weird if I remembered every damn day of my life.
  50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? A little of both.

This article courtesy of: http://www.marcandangel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment