Sunday, October 30, 2011

Confession

I must say, I have fallen behind. I haven't even looked at my list in a couple of months. Although, I have since decided that some of the things on here are no longer applicable (I did warn of this happening.) I did actually finish a couple of challenges though so stay tuned. I forgot they were on the list until I just read it over. :)

Here are some changes:
Be thisclose to finishing my Master's in Art Therapy: This one is gone. I don't think I want to get a Master's in this any more and if I do it won't be for awhile because I'm going to move into an RV and travel around the country first.
Grow some tomatoes. Maybe raise some chickens. Oh and grow 2 Avocado trees: This one is gone too. At least in this time frame. Maybe I will grow some tomatoes next year, but since my Grandma does, there's really no point.

Learn to Tango Gone. I have to save up money and while I still want to learn, it won't be any time soon. See the RV explanation.

Play on a dart league...with people I know and like. Meh. I would like to do this in the future, but I think it will be much later. No one I know is on a dart league and you have to pay to play.

Play on a soccer league See above. If I do anything over the next year that costs money it will be learning ninjutsu, like I've already started, and/or training my dogs.

Go on a vacation (by myself or with others) that I have planned. Would this count if it's in an RV and my life becomes a "vacation?"

Be a signature member of the IWS. I think this one is gone for good. I made it into the show again this year and would have been one entry into achieving this goal, however, you only get points toward the signature membership if you are a paying member. So basically I have no points. If I would have known that when I first made it in, I probably would have been paying towards it. I would still enter the contests, but it seems like the only people who win prizes are people who are also paying members. Not to mention the same guy wins year after year. Considering there is a fee to enter the contest, one would think one would get points toward signature membership without having to be a paying member. I'm just saying. I don't need their signature that badly. I'm not bitter though.

learn the piano or cello When I wrote this list I had access to a piano. I no longer do and I have no room or money for either cello or piano now. Maybe in the future.
See Wicked I don't know if this is still around or not. When I wrote the list it was back for a show. I'm going to leave it up for now, but it will probably go later.

Enter 3 new art contests in 2011 As with the IWS I just don't want to pay to enter contests. Yes, there are free ones, but I would still have to pay to ship my work and all that jazz. I may change this one and bring it back next year, but I doubt it. I just don't see the point right now.

Go on a spontaneous road trip Same thing as with the vacation. I mean, my life will be a spontaneous road trip. I guess that still counts. I'll leave it up and decide later.
Organize my music "collection" and figure out how to add beats per minute so I can use the DJ option on my mp3 player My Zen died. It was a very sad day. I loved that thing. My phone does not have a dj option and it's the only thing I use now for an mp3 player. I will still organize my music files though and clean it all up. I found a program. It's about $50. That's how much I was going to pay my niece to do it so maybe next month I will buy it. It gets rid of duplicate songs and any bad songs.

Invest in the stock market Have you seen this economy? Although now would be a good time to invest in it because it's tanked, but I think I will wait a while. I just don't think the American dollar can hold out much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment